Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 Nissan Pathfinder Slow Transmission....Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Slow Transmission....Help!

So my wifes pathfinder is acting up. In cooler/cold weather, especially on the first run of the day, the transmission (automatic) is SUPER slow to engage. Reverse doesn't seem bad. It's just going to drive. And when I say slow, I'm talking up to 20 seconds sometimes for it to engage. And when it takes the extra time it doesn't want to shift to 2nd etc very well until its warmed up. Fluid level is fine and its red on the dipstick. Doesn't look bad or smell burnt or anything. It does have 249,000 miles on it. What do you think could be the problem? Filter? Or is it about to be done...

Repair help questions, no matter what make or model, don't belong in the general discussion forum

Thread moved

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'm sorry! I kept debating on where to put it!

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

You probably have hard brittle seal rings in the clutch pistons. They soften up with heat and work . You probably would like to buy some time. Get a service kit and oil and get that done. With as new of oil as possible a bottle of conditioner will usually soften the seal rings for a little while. This should keep it going long enough to plan a trans exchange or to find another car.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I was thinking something along those lines. My wife is the one that regularly drives it. I told her to let it warm up in the mornings for a little bit. She did that this morning and said it worked great.

Comment

Working...
            X