festiva 1.3 crankshaft endplay spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva 1.3 crankshaft endplay spec

im having an issue with my fetiva, I have this grinding intermittently when I press the clutch. At first I thought it was the trowout bearing replaced it and it kept on doing the same thing, I rebuilt the engine about 6 months ago and it developed the transmission issue so I replaced the bearing, flywheel, and put a new clutch kit in it, the problem right now im thinking lies between the trowout bearing and the back of the engine block, I need to know the crankshaft endplay just to make sure the crank is not walking in and out and hiting something on the trans. though there isn't any markings on the old transmission. I have replaced the old transmission with one of an aspire and its doing the same thing, input its greatly apriciated.

Repair questions do not belong in the general forum section

Thread moved

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Did you replace the pilot bearing in the center of the flywheel? When you rebuilt the engine, did you put the thrust washers in place? There are 2 of them and they look sort of like a letter "C" and are installed in the block side of the main bearing. End play is .0031 to .0111. Numbers are inch measurements.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Is the grinding only happening when you press on the clutch pedal? Driving down the road it is fine?
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Maybe he does a lot of uphill driving?

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
            Did you replace the pilot bearing in the center of the flywheel? When you rebuilt the engine, did you put the thrust washers in place? There are 2 of them and they look sort of like a letter "C" and are installed in the block side of the main bearing. End play is .0031 to .0111. Numbers are inch measurements.
            sorry it took so long to reply.

yes the pilot bearing was changed, the thrust bearing (or washer) were changed, last week when i took the oil pan off the oil pick up had thin metal pieces on it, and i took my dial indicator home and there was about .0200 of play on it, and i can see the thrust bearing missinf and the oil had alot of glitter, i found the thrust bearing ( washer) at the bottom of the oil plan on getting it fixed this weekend. i also have a festiva manual ( ford shop manual) on order, and im getting all my pics in order cause im still learning my laptop ( new programs on it they should have just left window like it was). helpful info

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
              Is the grinding only happening when you press on the clutch pedal? Driving down the road it is fine?
              it did not it did it intermittently when stoped. found the problem

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                Maybe he does a lot of uphill driving?

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                highway driving 100 miles a day

Comment

You say you found the problem, so what was it.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                    2x
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                      thurst bearing came off, one of the rods was installed backwards adding tention to the crank and pushing it towards the transmission and when i applied the clutch it would go foward towards the belts and pushing the thurst bearing out of its groove so its a block tear down weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X