front end makes the tires radial belt seperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front end makes the tires radial belt seperate

Hey guys ive had this problem since ive got my 91festiva L 5 speed manual trans. Ive had this problem where the both front radial belts from tue tires have been separating. The tires are kuhmo tires are from discont tire they have warranty of manufacturer defects so they get replaced for free. Im getting a little more than irritated that this happens everytime i drive it or take it on long trips. By long trips i mean places that are an hour away. After further inspecting the steering rack which was manual steering rack was far gone. it was changed with a reconstructed one and a new set of inner and outer tie rods. I thought this would correct my problem but it did not. So now im left to wonder what could be causing this ? Any piece of advice helps guys

Also i was also thinking if the aspire brake swap would fix this

Thanks in advance guys

I'm assuming these are the KR21 Solus? I've dealt with a lot of this problem on the Toyo Spectrums, with otherwise perfectly good (less than 20% worn) tires suddenly slipping belts and developing knots and bubbles. Haven't had this with eh KR21s yet, and I've put quite a few miles on them on my old green festiva. But your symptoms sound just about exactly like what the the Spectrums used to do. Happened to dad's van (225/70R15), a friend's Accord (195/60R15) and I've replaced a lot of those for my customer's. Are these the 155/80R13s? I had a set of Mastercraft Strategy 175/70R13 on my red one for a long time, rotated them every other oil change and I got close to 40K out of them, which is a lot up here on the winding mountain roads.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I've had the problem with multiple KR21's, to the point I've stopped buying them. This happened to both ones I've bought and ones that came on Festiva's I've bought so I don't think it's a lot problem, I think it's a design flaw.

And this has happened all the way around, but I rotate tires. But I have good racks in cars. It happens perpendicular to the tread and the tire becomes out of round.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        I'm assuming these are the KR21 Solus? I've dealt with a lot of this problem on the Toyo Spectrums, with otherwise perfectly good (less than 20% worn) tires suddenly slipping belts and developing knots and bubbles. Haven't had this with eh KR21s yet, and I've put quite a few miles on them on my old green festiva. But your symptoms sound just about exactly like what the the Spectrums used to do. Happened to dad's van (225/70R15), a friend's Accord (195/60R15) and I've replaced a lot of those for my customer's. Are these the 155/80R13s? I had a set of Mastercraft Strategy 175/70R13 on my red one for a long time, rotated them every other oil change and I got close to 40K out of them, which is a lot up here on the winding mountain roads.
        No they are 155/80r12 Kumho Power Star 758

Comment

Get better tires!! Your car is not to blame for this. Get some 13s and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
            I've had the problem with multiple KR21's, to the point I've stopped buying them. This happened to both ones I've bought and ones that came on Festiva's I've bought so I don't think it's a lot problem, I think it's a design flaw.

And this has happened all the way around, but I rotate tires. But I have good racks in cars. It happens perpendicular to the tread and the tire becomes out of round.
            Same here its been happening alot and im so frustrated that i cant really go far off because of the belt separation luckily i had my crappy spare to limp home
            Last edited by dgamez414; 10-31-2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Too much powa!!
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                Too much powa!!
                XD yeah i secretly race Ferrari's and lambo's at night

Comment

So should i just move foward with aspire brake swap ??

Comment

yes
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Yes or get geo metro 13's

Comment

Im just ticked-off cause i get the same outcome every single time it just sucks

Comment

Had a 98 Honda Accord that ate GoodYear GT4s like candy. Has it aligned at least 3 times with same results. Switched tires to some china house brand tires and hd no problems after
                          N3WBI3

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post

I'm surprised to hear this. I have KR21s on three different cars, three different sizes, 12 tires total. Never ever had a problem, and they last forever.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Double yes on the Aspire swap. You will not regret it.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 10-31-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X