X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire clutch cable and pedal assembly

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post.

I have a 95 Aspire and I just had my pedal clutch assembly fixed for the second time in 6 months, this time I had the shop put in a new clutch cable to see if that fixes the problem. The guy that runs the shop doesn't have a lot of confidence in the original bracket. My question is... Has any one ever done a hydraulic clutch conversion with a kit that is similar to the following kits. Or does anyone have any other options I could look into.

Thanks in advance!

Bracket on the steering column or the one on the tranny case? Should be a lot easier/cheaper to find a used one (put out an APB Wanted on here, even) than trying to switch over to hydraulic. IMO any 'cable pull' leverage system is easier to adjust, and maintain than is a 'hydraulic push' arrangement, especially a "retrofit" version.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
      Bracket on the steering column or the one on the tranny case? Should be a lot easier/cheaper to find a used one (put out an APB Wanted on here, even) than trying to switch over to hydraulic. IMO any 'cable pull' leverage system is easier to adjust, and maintain than is a 'hydraulic push' arrangement, especially a retrofit" version.
      Thanks for the input.

It's the bracket on the steering column.

Both of the kits use a 'pull type slave cylinder'.
      I think it is possible to do I just wanted to hear opinions outside my own.
      Last edited by matie_cakes; 11-05-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Sonuvagun to get under the dash to work on Festy clutch brackets and I suppose it's not much different for an Aspire. Would be nice to be able to inspect a steering column unit that was not in a car so as to see if a suitable repair can be effected without having to remove the column.
        There are numerous folks on here that have switched ATX Festys over to MTX and for sure they had to have tangled with making or adapting under-the-dash cable brackets because ATX steering columns didn't feature these. Any possibility you can do something with hose clamps to secure a home-made bracket?

Comment

Working...
        X