Help! My 89 Festiva is emotional!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustJenni View Post
    There is what looks like a port for a vacuum line on the bottom of the air intake that doesn't have a corresponding vacuum line. I can't find any loose lines. Could this be contributing?
    Plug the port with a piece of vacuum tube with a bolt in one end and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJenni View Post
      There is what looks like a port for a vacuum line on the bottom of the air intake that doesn't have a corresponding vacuum line. I can't find any loose lines. Could this be contributing?
      are you talking about the big port on the bottom of the air cleaner?
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

If it's a hose that connects to one of the three metal tubes on bottom just add one in. If it's the one on the opposite side of the big secondary air box (on the side of the air cleaner), it may be hanging from the ABC Valve on the carb ("can" with 4 hoses).
        When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

It's one of the three small ones on the bottom of the intake. It's going to take me a minute to find some spare hose, can I just tape over it with electrical tape?

Comment

Electrical tape does not hold up in a hot area. I'm trying to get a picture.

Comment

Is it one of these?
              Last edited by tooldude; 11-05-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Yes, it's where the green hash would be. Would that keep it from staring?Sorry about the delayed response, I'm trying to do this after work. Thanks for sticking in there with me.

Comment

That hose connection is for getting filtered air from inside the air cleaner. That won't keep your car from starting but it should be reconnected. I'm not saying you have a vacuum leak, but considering it started and died the way it did, and that you were working on it, it's one possibility. If you haven't already, get a light that will let you see all the way down into the carb base and sides and make sure no hose got pulled off the carb or manifold. Check all the way around, all "sides". You may need to remove the air cleaner. Also, be sure there is a hose connected to each of the metal vacuum tubes that are bolted underneath the intake manifold.

Comment

Working...
                  X