No announcement yet.

Check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granny, that wasn't meant to be a putdown. That was a joke because Grannies are usually fantastic cooks. I figured your cooking probably beats out your auto work no matter how good your auto skills are. Both my grandmothers were excellent cooks. If I was talking to you instead of typing, the voice inflection and mannerism would show I was joking with you. I hate to see this has been taken completely the wrong way. I'm very sorry you took it that way. By the way, I don't get on here and put people down, I make comments to offer whatever help I can, and try to bring in possibilities that may not have been mentioned.
    Last edited by tooldude; 11-28-2014, 07:26 PM.
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

tooldude, sorry I took it the wrong way but talking on here and not where we can hear each other things sound wrong sometime again i'm sorry. But I am a pretty good cook if you like southern cooking just ask my family.

Comment

tooldude, sorry I took it the wrong way but talking on here and not where we can hear each other things sound wrong sometime again i'm sorry. But I am a pretty good cook if you like southern cooking just ask my family. thanks movin will do
        Last edited by granny; 11-28-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          OP..if your carb is a little too far from perfect mixture you can get a code 17 because the sensor even though it may be good is out of range. The light comes on during cruise conditions? Say 35 mph?

Grannie, check the inside of the plug for any sign of corrosion, a good connection is required for the temp measurement to be accurate. Feel the wire for a bit to make sure the engine vibration has not caused a break in the wire. Pull on the wire a bit to see if it feels stretchy, these kind of breaks leave the wire insulation intact but breaks the wire inside.

There is a great list of checks in this thread as well, coming from pros.
          Typically it comes on when I'm going down the highway, so somewhere around 55mph. I'm pretty sure it turns on about as soon as the engine becomes fully warmed up. Still haven't figured it out, still seems to be running fine, though.

Comment

If it looks old I would just get an oxygen sensor and see what happens. The denso mentioned typically seems to match our computers best. Its kind of hard to hook up a multimeter at 55 mph and see what is going on but I did it with a harbor freight $3.99 meter and it is pretty informative about your fuel mix under driving conditions. If the new sensor does not fix the light this might be the next logical step to see what is happening.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
            X