No Start Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start Condition

While i was working on my 91 festiva, b3 sohc, fuel injected, (i was removing the seats, back carpeting, passenger seat and shifter covers, didn't mess with the engine or wiring at all) When i went to start it, it no longer started. My first thought was i hit the inertia switch removing the back seat, but it wasn't tripped. removed the fuel line and cycled the key and no gas was coming from the filter. Check behind the filter and gas isn't getting to the fuel filter. I did notice that when i try cranking it, all 4 lights stay on, but the oil light blinks twice before returning to solid color like the other 4 lights. Any idea?

Pull the connector off the fuel pump and check for hot when the ignition key is turned. No light neans no juice. Good luck.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-28-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Maybe you bumped the fuel pump connector under the back seat. Look under the carpet and you will see what I mean.
      -Bryant

Comment

getting only 8volts at the hot connector of the fuel pump. But even with low voltage, wouldnt a little bit of fuel get through the lines, maybe not enough pressure to push past the filter, but before the filter maybe?

Comment

Check your ENGINE fuse
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-28-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

15 amp in-line fuse link adjacent to the steering wheel, is clean, no burn marks, no evidence of it being blown.

Comment

Wrong fuse. I believe the ENGINE fuse in the fuse block is a red 10 amp fuse.

Comment

Sorry, i was looking at the wrong fuse reading the wrong side of the fuse, yes, its a red, 10 amp fuse, and same as the last fuse, no burn marks, all is well fuse wise.

Comment

bad ground? corroded?
                  -Bryant

Comment

i had originally thought that also, so before posting i did clean all grounds in the engine bay around, found 8 of them discluding the battery terminal ground. even with a bad ground, it wouldn't randomly not work within 10 minutes, i wouldn't think at least.

Comment

I once had a no start issue with low voltage to the fuel pump like that.... My problem was the fuel pump relay went bad

Maybe by pure coincidence your relay went bad?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I've only been able to find the main relay for the entire card, next to the driver ( american ) side headlamp harness. Where is the fuel pump relay? ( not in the engine bay either, i've looked inside and out for the relay, and just can't find it. .. apparently its in the one place i havent looked, but i cant seem to think of any more hiding spots. its a 91 GL

Comment

It's up under the dash on the drivers side, there's a few relays there actually and I can't remember off the top of my head which one is the fuel pump relay

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well ill test them all at that location. Do you remember the continuity for the relays there?

Comment

If my festiva was more accessible right now (being used as temporary storage for other stuff which got stacked around my car) I'd get you a pic of the connector

My festiva has a custom circuit powering the fuel pump and no longer has the stock relay lol

Comment

Working...
                              X