Transmission coolant hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission coolant hoses

1992 automatic. I desperately need to find some new transmission oil cooler hoses. I replaced them 6 months ago when I rebuilt the head gasket with some molded hoses from McAutoparts. They weren't tranny fluid compatible! Now they are soft and one side popped off draining my entire transmission of $40 worth of fluid, and leaving me stranded!

One of the hoses is "horseshoe" shaped (about 8 inches in length) The other is sort of a "zigzag" (about 8 inches also). I might be able to get by with the "cut to lentgh" straight hose on one, but the horseshoe bend I don't trust to not kink unless it's a molded hose.

I have looked around online and McAutoparts is no help. Thanks

Brad luck. Only one Aspire hose at Green Sales.
    Aspire HOSE-OIL COOLER F4BZ-7R081-A

How different is the Aspire line?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-29-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

On my 89 auto I used straight cooler line hose but used extra to make a loop several years ago, it is still okay. Way cheaper. Somebody is getting Philippine stuff, maybe something there off the new prides or what ever they are. This trans was used in other cars, possibly something factory there as well.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Maybe this

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...834&cc=1128215
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Just go to the auto store and buy 3ft of gas hose? $5? Barb to Barb.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Carburetor gas hose is not rated for the heat that the input to the cooler can have. It will get hard and brittle in 6 months to a couple years depending how much you drive and how hot the weather gets.
            Fuel injection gas hose works fine. Power steering return hose can also work.

My favorite universal hose for anything (almost) that lasts forever is Parker push lock

Comment

Stainless braided teflon lined hose would also be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                Carburetor gas hose is not rated for the heat that the input to the cooler can have. It will get hard and brittle in 6 months to a couple years depending how much you drive and how hot the weather gets.
                Fuel injection gas hose works fine. Power steering return hose can also work.

My favorite universal hose for anything (almost) that lasts forever is Parker push lock
                I guess I got luck. Been using cheap stuff for 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                  Just go to the auto store and buy 3ft of gas hose? $5? Barb to Barb.
                  I am willing to pay a little extra for insurance and peace of mind. The cheap hose only got me this far.

Thanks for the input all. I may do a temp fix and keep searching.
                  Last edited by Skrapbob; 11-30-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

My NAPA will make hoses, granted they're not molded but they're heavy enough wall not to kink.
                    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                      I guess I got luck. Been using cheap stuff for 30 years.

Not lucky, it works, just not as long when the temps get hot and the oil gets old.

Some of the newer transmissions run higher pressures to the cooler, not talking about the F3A transmission . The low pressure fuel line should not be used . I tried it just for an adapter on the transmission flush machine and the hose swelled and about 2 minutes later I had an awful mess to clean up lol.

Our cars are always under 15 psi depending how dirty the cooler is (restricted flow) . If the transmission temps are near what temps are new in mild climates and no 15 mile 6% grades the hose can last quite awhile. If your hoses are not stiff and brittle after a year or so you must have good oil, a clean cooler and are not abusing the transmission heat wise. That is good!!

If your hoses are stiff feeling then all it takes is a hard downshift or tire spin on slippery surfaces to split the hose due to engine movement. All hoses eventually get brittle, it is just how long till they do.

This high quality hose is designed for use in lower pressure applications with our push lock Hose Ends. Application: You can use this line with fuel including diesel fuel, motor oil & coolant. Color: Blue.
                      Last edited by Movin; 11-30-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

if you can bite the shipping these are from 4G.

Comment

I just run bulk trans oil hose, never had an issue with kinking or failure.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

The hoses I had on there, they were shaped correctlry. Not sure what they were designed for, but they had gone very soft and pliable.
                            I put the bulk hose on today and put 2 1/2 quarts of new fluid in. I will check into the 4green hoses. Thanks for the part numbers F3BZ. Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                              THIS !
                              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                              X