Antifreeze leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifreeze leak

There's a small piece of hose running between a metal coolant line and to the motor that is leaking antifreeze. Anyone know what size of hose this would be? I forgot to grab it before I came to work, and I really need to pick a new one up before I go home.
    Last edited by DejaEntendu; 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM.

According to the Rock Auto website it is 1/4 diameter 4 inches long!

Comment

I forgot to mention, it's on the front upper side of the motor if that helps at all. On an 89 carby model.

Rickbz, I'm not so sure that's the size. It's probably at least as big as my index finger.

Comment

The little hose by this connector right?ON an 89 it is listed as 1/4 diameter.That is inside,outside is larger.IMG_20141201_142252.jpg

Comment

1/4 is correct. Its a reinforced hose so it looks larger as rick stated
          N3WBI3

Comment

Go to the auto parts store or look it up on Rock Auto.

What you want to get is a coolant bypass hose for a Mazda 323 with a 1.6.

I just looked it up for model year 1991.

This will be the correct bend. Trim to fit for length.

Problem with using a straight chuck of hose is the good possibility of it kinking.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post

Problem with using a straight chuck of hose is the good possibility of it kinking.
              Agreed! Don't use a straight chunk of hose, it will kink closed. Personal experience...
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I guess I got lucky then.Mine was replaced with a straight piece of hose almost 8 years ago when the original left me stranded in Illinois one day.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                  Go to the auto parts store or look it up on Rock Auto.

What you want to get is a coolant bypass hose for a Mazda 323 with a 1.6.

I just looked it up for model year 1991.

This will be the correct bend. Trim to fit for length.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks, fellas. Got it all put on, but I think I may have put my radiator cap back on slightly crooked, as I'm still getting a little bit of a leak. I really hope that's what it is, anyway! The money I'm shelling out for other people's cars for back and forth to work would be enough to drive around for weeks in my Festy!

Comment

Working...
                  X