Notorious Lower Strut Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious Lower Strut Bolt

Replacing my rear strut today I had the joy of trying to get the lower strut bolt out. Long story short, I got the full ride: rounded bolt head, captive nut broke loose, bolt rusted into sleeve, etc. Anyways, I finally got it out and put the new strut in as far as I could but need to get a new bolt in the morning. I know it's a grade 10, M10x1.25, 70mm long, but does anyone know the length of the shoulder on the bolt? Is it absolutely necessary to get a bolt with a shoulder on it or can it all be threaded? Thanks!

Check out the bolt that holds the LCA to the body. IIRC it's the same one, but check the threads on it for a match.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

IMHO, I would say the shoulder is a nice touch, but you should be able to get away without it. More important is to remember liberal use of anti seize, then put some more on it.

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

6 pt sockets, MAPP gas turbo torch and a full can of PB are the first tools i pull out when working on cars here.

Comment

Working...
        X