Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition timing on EFI engine.

I have got a question.The book I have says to ground the black 1-pin ST1
    self test connector.Can anyone tell me which connector and wire this is?
    Thanks.The book also says it is the yellow with black wire.There are 2 connectors with this and both have 12 volts DC on them so I know this cannot be right.Any information would be helpful.Thanks.

I'm in the same situation myself. I need to set my timing to pass emissions. I believe it is the single pin connector by the brake booster/master cylinder. It isn't plugged into anything, and a few more wires are bundled with it. Can anyone confirm this for me?
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

both are located to the right of the brake master cylinder

Comment

Thanks Mechanicaldj
        90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
        92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
        94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
        94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Re: Ignition timing on EFI engine.

Originally posted by MTBOX
          I have got a question.The book I have says to ground the black 1-pin ST1
          self test connector.Can anyone tell me which connector and wire this is?
          Thanks.The book also says it is the yellow with black wire.There are 2 connectors with this and both have 12 volts DC on them so I know this cannot be right.Any information would be helpful.Thanks.
          Thanks for the info mechanicaldj it is much appreciated.

Comment

I just finished checking the timing on my 91 L, using the Haynes manual and these excellent threads here :-). Just thought I'd pass along one bit of wisdom I gained:

Ground ST1 *BEFORE* starting the engine, not after. At first I grounded it while the thing was running, and it had no effect. Was just about to give up then tried re-starting with the thing grounded - success!

Comment

Working...
            X