Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOWER MOTOR IS OUT/NEED HELP, IN COLLEGE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOWER MOTOR IS OUT/NEED HELP, IN COLLEGE!

About 4 or 5 months ago, my heat stopped working. I used to just give it a tap on the dashboard and it would restart, but now even that won't work. Does anyone know where the blower motor is, how to access it, and if necessary, how to replace it?

The blower motor is right behind the heat/air control in the center of the dash. I think it can be replaced without removing the dash but it is not easy. There is a variable resistor that is mounted on the side of the heater that often fails with age. Replace it first. The motor itself may still be ok.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

You can gain access to the blower motor down by the gas pedal. It does take some finagling but it will come out.

Both of my Festivas have had this problem. i usually tap the motor with the side of my foot, but one got to the point tapping wouldn't work anymore so replacement was done.

Comment

Even if your resistor burns it will still work on high.
        Im betting on bad brushes.
        Probably looks like mine did http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...wer+motor+slow
        Last edited by william; 01-13-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Try tapping on it. Mine stopped working and all I had to do was tap on the blower and off she went again.

Comment

Going to hijack this thread because mine has started acting up. Usually when I get in the car there is no response from 1,2or3 on the switch. But it will intermittently come on and work fine ince it's on in all 3 modes. I've even realized while driving freeway if I switch to vent and have it in the setting for air to the "top vents" it seems to kick the blower motor back to life with the airflow. does my situation sound like a resistor or brushes (new blower time?)

Comment

Sounds like the brushes, I bought my new motor from rockauto.com. It wasn't very expensive, I'm thinking 30 bucks.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Once the motor starts to go, you might as well ditch it, especially in the hot summer months. If you never replaced the motor in a car you got, keep in mind that the car is now twenty five years old or so - that's a pretty long time for any electric motor to keep on running!

A new motor may even improve your airflow, and if the replacement lasts another twenty five years it's a one time expense.
                Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                X