Rio seats in an Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio seats in an Aspire

Anyone done this mod? Found a nice set on CL $50.00 each. They are adjustable with the dial Do-Dad on the side. They also have adjustable head rests & a folding arm rests built in.The center console looks sweet also.......
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

I think the seatback is a direct bolt-on to a Festy seatbase. As far as the seatbase adustability, you would need that seat frame, and would have to fabricate custom mounts to fit it into a Festy. Some people here can do that of course.....what you could do is pull the seat cushion and fabric; it would probably mount to the Festy seatbase as is. You'd just lose the adjustment for seat angle.

I did try the console from an '01 (IIRC) Rio, thinking it would be a good fit. Had to trim the top, and ultimately was disappointed that it didn't match up like I wanted it to.
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      I think the seatback is a direct bolt-on to a Festy seatbase. As far as the seatbase adustability, you would need that seat frame, and would have to fabricate custom mounts to fit it into a Festy. Some people here can do that of course.....what you could do is pull the seat cushion and fabric; it would probably mount to the Festy seatbase as is. You'd just lose the adjustment for seat angle.

I did try the console from an '01 (IIRC) Rio, thinking it would be a good fit. Had to trim the top, and ultimately was disappointed that it didn't match up like I wanted it to.
      Tom I want to put RIO seats in a Aspire not Festy- I'm hoping they are a bolt in-

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Tom I want to put RIO seats in a Aspire not Festy- I'm hoping they are a bolt in-
        Oh sorry. But it's the exact same advice actually.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom,what did you mean you had to "Trim the Top" when installing the 01 Rio seat into the Festy? Like the Head Rest ?

Comment

Working...
          X