Aspire Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Won't Start

I picked up an '95 Aspire last week and it ran great. Friday did a tuneup (cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pcv) and ran with no issues.

This morning I went to start it and the single digit temps killed the battery so I replaced it along with the positive terminal connector and now it just cranks and won't fire.

Removes one of the plug wires and put a old plug on it and no spark so I put the original cap and rotor back on and still no spark, I switched the plug wire I was using and still nothing.

I am at a loss of what could be the issue, any help would be appreciated.

Thread moved to the right section

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I gave you a possible answer over on fordaspire.com .Too long and drawn out to retype it all here.

Comment

The positive cable may be coming apart inside but look good?
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If the positive cable was the issue than I would think it would crank at at all. I'll be checking the timing belt tonight

Comment

Right! I was thinking the Aspire had multiple leads off the cable. It must be unrelated to you pulling the cable. No spark and a weird sound cranking is the cam not turning.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
            X