HELP! seat belt not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! seat belt not working

On my '90, the driver side overhead seat belt isn't working properly. It doesn't retract when the door is closed and car is on. It occasionally will retract, but the majority of the time, it doesn't. I tested it with a multimeter, and under the vDC section, it didn't indicate any power getting to the motor. The door ajar buzzer isn't sounding when the door is closed, so I know that it's registering as being closed. Does anyone know how to go about troubleshooting this? Unfortunately, I don't have a wiring diagram.

Asked and answered before. Use the search engine. The Find box is beside the magnifying glass icon. Good luck.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-13-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Try searching for door latch switch. Mine was doing the same thing your was and that was the problem.

When the belt does not retract when you open the door take a screwdriver and poke at the door latch a few times and see if it doesn't cause the belt to retract.
      If it does the switch is the problem.
      There is a switch at the latch that control the seat belt movement.
      Last edited by 1990new; 03-13-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

bravekozak:
        I tried searching for the subject yesterday before posting this. I wasn't able to find it before posting this. Thank you for your advice.

1990new:

Ok. Thank you for that advice! It was actually helpful!
        Last edited by Gilstrapn; 03-14-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

^Not sure if you knew but the blue words in braves post are links.

Comment

Working...
          X