Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received my dnj piston rings from rock auto but noticed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my dnj piston rings from rock auto but noticed...

....that in the service manual it shows the 2nd ring having a notch but the ones I just got do not. Is this normal? Thanks, Jim

could it be an update on the rings design?..... really cant tell...

Comment

There should be an instructional in several languages in the box with a couple sketches for your entertainment. Usually the sketches show the difference and what to do. This also conditions you to accept change so just be aware that a misboxed item can ruin your day.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Did not get ANY instructions in this box!?!

Comment

Different brand but an example.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thanks for the link Movin. The first and second rings all have writing on one side so I'm assuming that that is the end that faces up. I have a 30 power loupe and cannot see a indent or raised side.

Comment

why don't you write DNJ an email just to be sure? what if those marks you say are not supposed to be on the top side, then your will have a bad day..better safe than sorry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordverde View Post
                why don't you write DNJ an email just to be sure? what if those marks you say are not supposed to be on the top side, then your will have a bad day..better safe than sorry!!!
                I will try DNJ. I did call rockauto to ask about why no instruction manual with the rings and they just said there isn't any for those particular rings?!? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X