ok so i have an 89 carby 4 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so i have an 89 carby 4 speed

rebuilt the engine on saturday. blew up the engine on monday... anyone have a decent b3 sitting in the corner. one that im sure does not have a clogged oil sump. I need one badly or..... [FS] 1989 ford festiva new shocks, struts + mounts, LCA's, Tie rod ends, tierods, newer Rack and pinion, 4 new 12" tires. great 4 speed trans, and blown engine

I have a parts car with a good engine but a good amount of rust on the under-side. Kinda far from you, but I'm willing to help if you get desperate.

I could easily pull it in a day and run it to you for the cost of gas. Say $100 for the engine and then whatever gas is. It'll be in a Yaris, so gas will be pretty cheap. I know the engine is fine. It was driving when I parked it after I got a nicer body Festy.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Is it carbed

Comment

Doesn't have to be. But no, it's EFI. Only thing you'd need to do is change the manifold/carb and distributor over and put in the fuel pump in the head. Trivial stuff.

I could easily leave that stuff off it if you end up wanting it.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Not really necessary. I have a carb with a stock EFI fuel pump in the tank. I just slowed the fuel pump speed with a resistor and added a bypass pressure regulator. Works great.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-13-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Well his car is factory carbed so, much easier to just use the fuel pump that's already there I would think.
            Last edited by sketchman; 04-14-2015, 02:24 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

You would either have to fab a pickup tube that is the proper length or just change the tank completely. Personally, I would avoid the smell of gas fumes and having to crawl around under the car.

Comment

No no he has a factory carbed car. He just needs an engine. Everything for the carb is already there.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                X