Oil in the breather housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in the breather housing

so this will be my last post in the repair forums. Put the newer engine in and drove for about 125 miles and now when i stop i have smoke coming out of the hood... popped the hood to find oil all over the manifold, and filling my breather coming out of the emission tube. My guess, rings am I wrong?

Wow, you have some special kind of luck ! Bummer. If there is too much oil they will do that. Also if you had been doing short drives with a poor PCV fuel will dilute the oil. Your first longer trip will boil the oil until the fuel is gone and oil is back to normal but low. I hope that is what you have because lots of blow by can do it too. Blow by is a ring seal problem. The way this one came to life though I would bet on poor pcv system and fuel dilution in the oil.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

im sorry you lost me at "wow..." lol, I drive 48 miles one way to work. It made it to and from one day and on the way to work the next day almost made it to work and I stopped at a light and smoke started rolling out. If its a ring issue i have 3 festivas and a lot of parts for sale. I wont keep working on it more than i drive it.
      Last edited by 350freak; 05-14-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Wow indeed. Seems you have my luck with these cars. That engine came from the longest running one I had ever had, and never had a single issue. Looked pristine inside the valve cover.

But generally as soon as I buy one it's ready to die, and I've had a few now.

Any updates on the situation?
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          Wow indeed. Seems you have my luck with these cars. That engine came from the longest running one I had ever had, and never had a single issue. Looked pristine inside the valve cover.

But generally as soon as I buy one it's ready to die, and I've had a few now.

Any updates on the situation?
          yea Im selling all my festivas and parts. I can't keep working on them all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X