Coolant line issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant line issue

I am having a cooling issue with blueberry. I changed the thermostat and accidently busted a cooling hose on the front of the engine. I'm struggling to find the proper name for it in order to replace it. I'm hoping if I post a pic someone can help me out? Thanks guys

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg

Threw in a couple shots of the torched thermostat for good measure. I tried to get DRDDAN to take it since he said I shouldn't waste LOL he respectfully declined my offer! ty1

I believe that's the coolant bypass hose. There is an oring gasket that seals the connection of the two pipes. If that is where it is leaking, you can get a new oring and press it back together to fix it.
    Last edited by 1990new; 05-17-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

yeah its in the front of the engine and it pours. when the car is stone cold pour water in the radiator and it pours all over the ground haha

Comment

I had both pieces off the car on the one I fixed, but you may be able to fix it without remove the water pump connection piece. You will have to remove the distirbutor and the little j shaped hose that connect to the head and of course the heater hose.

I had both pieces off the car on the one I fixed so it was pretty easy to press it back in with the new oring. It's held fine since I repaired it.

This would probably be a good time to back flush your heater too.
        Last edited by 1990new; 05-17-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

The coolant bypass hose is the tiny rubber hose that goes from the metal coolant tube to the block, close to the distributor. As far as I can tell, everyone calls the metal tube that runs along the front of engine, under the exhaust manifold, the coolant tube. I tried to find an official name for it, but it is not labeled in the FSM diagram.
          You can try to replace the O-ring as mentioned above in the metal tube.

Here is a thread with the same issue

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...olant-line-now
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
            The coolant bypass hose is the tiny rubber hose that goes from the metal coolant tube to the block, close to the distributor. As far as I can tell, everyone calls the metal tube that runs along the front of engine, under the exhaust manifold, the coolant tube. I tried to find an official name for it, but it is not labeled in the FSM diagram.
            You can try to replace the O-ring as mentioned above in the metal tube.

Here is a thread with the same issue

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...olant-line-now
            Correct... It's referred to as the coolant bypass tube in the manual. It's really pretty easy to snap back together once you get the right O ring.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              Correct... It's referred to as the coolant bypass tube in the manual. It's really pretty easy to snap back together once you get the right O ring.
              The correct O ring is available from Kia. Cost is about 2.50.

Comment

Does anyone here have that entire assembly that I'm looking for, or should I just try and find new?

Comment

I have the entire water hose assemblly if needed. Send me your email and I'll send you picks

Comment

You can also take the tube to an auto parts store, and have them try to match the O-ring from their assortment of loose ones.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The video I made for DRDDAN a few days ago shows it leaking like a facet

Comment

Video is private

Comment

try now I've fixed the problem. It should show now to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            You can also take the tube to an auto parts store, and have them try to match the O-ring from their assortment of loose ones.
                            Send a PM Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X