ideas ideas ideas everybody :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas ideas ideas everybody :D

finally fixed my initial problem, go to start car, doesn't turn,, im guessing something with my ign switch or ign cylinder, my accesories work, all wires are hooked up properly engine wise, i removed plugs and cranked the crankshaft by hand just fine, not locked up.

Battery charged, checked battery cable connections, fuses, power getting to starter solenoid? When you turn the key, do any of the cluster lights come on in the run or start position?
    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

cluster works fine, battery at 12.9 v, 680 cca, cable terms are freshly cleaned and respliced properly. power to starter solenoid may be the cause, not sure how to properly test that

Comment

Car in neutral key in run position pull the small lead off the starter short the big lead to the small terminal with a quarter.If the car starts and runs.The starter,solenoid,battery,cables,and ground issues are eliminated.From there check for 12volts at start position at electrical part of switch.12vts in crank at switch you have a break in the wire from switch to solenoid.I start or crank my festys all the time that way when I am working under hood and don't have a helper Ps the clutch switch or neutral safety switch would be my first inspection if I wasn't getting 12v from switch to solenoid
        Last edited by ricko1966; 05-23-2015, 11:44 PM.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

I work all day today. Ill have to try tomorrow. Ill let you know

Comment

Make sure it is out of gear.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

car neutral, key in run, starter sparked, attempted to turn and nothing, got like half a crank of a piston, alsmot as if the battery was almost dead kind of turn. massive ass sparks though, that was fun in the rain... solenoid possibly bad?

Comment

Starter bad?
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

idk, when i tested it at auto zone it passed, the drive felt like it maybe wasnt holding its pressure at the end of the shaft, but other than that, it passed

Comment

What about that fuel delivery cut-off switch on the back panel behind the drivers seat?

Last edited by harpon; 05-25-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

perfectly fine, ive gutted my car though, its pretty much 2 seats and an engine atm, ive even purposuly tried to pop that inertia switch to reset it and nothing still.

Comment

If you shorted between the 2 big lugs you will get sparks if you short large lug to solenoid body you will get sparks.If you got big sparks from little male terminal to large battery lug sounds like a shorted solenoid but that defiantly should have been caught when starter was tested.short big lug to big lug that bypasses the solenoid if starter spins then your solenoid is not working.Can you turn the engine over by hand?
                        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Reading through posts it seems like you would have checked these, but I didn't see the 3 main fuseable links under the hood mentioned. Just throwing that out there if it's still down.
                          Last edited by SoCalZ28; 05-26-2015, 01:42 AM.
                          1990 Festiva L

Comment

Main fuse links under hood are fresh and clean no breaks in the wires. And i went the positive to negative of the starter. Large lug to large as you said. And yes ive got ontop of that crankshaft and cranked it to make sure the engine wasnt locked up moved freely. (Removed sparkplugs before tryong to crank it so itd be easier.) anyone know a way of removing starter without dropping the oil on the b3 block haha..

Comment

Working...
                            X