brake drums to be drilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake drums to be drilled

Ok I am looking for rear drums to drill to 4x100. I was told by advancedynamix to use the ac delco ones because they are smooth inside and out. Does anyone know of any other brands that will work? my buddy at autozone could only get duralast and they have the divets right where the new drill needs to go (in the autozone pic they were smooth) this is why I am asking also orielies only offered the divet ones(brakesbest). I saw some on rockauto that seem to be smooth (bendix,raybestos), but at this point im kinda scared to trust the pic
    1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Yeah, you can't guarantee that they will be one way or the other. I got a parts store to order some that showed up correctly on their website, but when they got there I couldn't use them. Just gotta try different ones to find the right ones.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

What is the purpose of drilling your own pattern?
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Aspire front festy rear brakes. Like Charlie does.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Or get dual-bolt-pattern wheels, like my 14" Estrellas. I currently have Capri fronts (4x114), but may switch to Aspire (4x100), and can do it without having to change my wheels.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Drilling is cheaper than wheels and dual pattern wheels look tacky to me
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

When I first did this, it was cheap and easy. Those drums were the cheapest ones on eBay. Now they are hard to find. I have a used set I found at a salvage yard on Pedro. After cleanup and fresh bearings they are like new, but I could have saved a lot of time if I could have just bought a set on eBay.
              If you don't plan on exceeding 1.5G lateral in your Festiva, then just use aspire brakes on the Festiva beam. The hole pattern on the beam can be modified to work. I haven't done this yet, but may have to in the future. I've heard of a few people doing it this way.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What's wrong with aspire brakes past 1.5G? Just extra weight?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  Drilling is cheaper than wheels and dual pattern wheels look tacky to me
                  They come with a cover for the center.

14" AR Estrella
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

well from our talks you know im gonna push this car lol.... I found ac delco on ebay for $26 each. I'm just going to get those and be done with it.

Comment

ORDERED!!!! they only have 1 left now. Guess ill have to try some of the others on the next festiva

Comment

Maybe we can get Alfin in Europe to make them in alloy for a group buy.
                        No car too fast !

Comment

Yes they do look tacky.

Comment

kia has many car models worldwide with finned rear drums. i spent a lot of time going through their parts diagrams hoping to see some application even remotely similar to the festiva-aspire with integral bearing hub that 4G might have but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                              kia has many car models worldwide with finned rear drums. i spent a lot of time going through their parts diagrams hoping to see some application even remotely similar to the festiva-aspire with integral bearing hub that 4G might have but no luck.
                              Bummer.
                              Back in the day, we used to use 510 Datsun alloy drums on the TR6 racecar, cheaper and way lighter. rumor has it that someone in Europe is making new alloy drums for the Triumph Spitfire, it's only slightly larger than Festiva. Perhaps they could be persuaded?
                              No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                              X