Festiva not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva not starting

My car won't start it won't even attempt to crank, but here's the kicker I can turn on my lights and they seem as bright as they usually are, but nothing else will turn on like my radio or my dash lights or even my safety belts, I was thinking it was my starter but that doesn't explain why nothing comes on. Please help!
    92 Ford Festiva GL- DD/WIP Deathstiva
    97 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5-speed- parts getter

do a search on fusible links
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

It's not your fusible link, since your lights come on. Check if you get power to the starter motor. Do you have a 12V test light? If no power to the starter, then check the ignition switch. Good luck.

You are pushing the clutch in to engage the neutral safety switch. Correct?
      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-08-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm pushing in the clutch all the way

Update: I woke up this morning to do some checks and before I did anything I put the key in and heard my buzzer so I tried to crank it over and it went off without a hitch, like nothing was even wrong. So needless to say I'm a little confused.
        92 Ford Festiva GL- DD/WIP Deathstiva
        97 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5-speed- parts getter

Comment

Don't bother with the fusible links, an absolute waste of time lol

Comment

Since the Headlights and Starter are off different fuse links. You might want to look at the Main Relay connections. That includes the fuse link connection like Movin suggested.
            Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-08-2015, 11:08 PM. Reason: Didnt realize you had no dash lights.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Your dash lights and your seat belts are likely stock wiring, your radio ?? That said brave could be right about the ignition switch. Try wiggling it next time it happens.

Comment

Working...
              X