No announcement yet.

..is it supposed to be so loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple of links on sound proofing your Festiva.

~Jeff
    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

i have a humming noise from mine, and i'm pretty sure it's the wheel bearings in the front, but it could also be the 195/50/15's tires on it, either way my loud exhaust almost overpowers the humming sound but if not the stereo sure will

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

earplugs

That's the point -- you CAN hear what's going on around you, including voices, sirens, etc. The earplugs only filter out engine and wind noise, the stuff you don't want to hear.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

WOW....man u got 15's on your festy?...how on earth did u manage that?...i was thinking about 13's and i thought they wouldnt fit...lol. Thanks for the links man, that dynamat stuff looks like a winner, and a lot of work too...but i'll do almost anything to be able to get rid of that riniging in my ears after an hour long trip. There a tire sale going on at some factory outlet near my house today, they might not even have 12's, but aint no harm in checking it out....Might get lucky.

Comment

IIRC seapaintsflaims has 17s on his....
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

17s???...man, thats insane, the thing must look like a monster truck...lol..i actually ordered some 14s today...i got the set for about $440 cdn...and i need to find tires now....

and the insulation issue is still at hand has anyone tried to use recording studio foam stuff?...i was looking it up today and it sound promising, just wondering if anyone has tried it>

Comment

My Festivas:

I've got 13's on 2 and 14's on 1 and 12's on 1 and 15's on 1 but the 15's are just there to hold up the car..

Comment

man, u must really love festiva's..lol...thats a lot of the same car. For those of you with 14' rims, am i gonna need spacers for these?...i was reading somewhere that the back will need them, if so, where can i buy them?...and is there anything else i need to know before i try and throw my 14's on?

thanks

Comment

Hey dude so you say your car is too loud huh well go to quiet car dot com or google and do a search um ive used dynomat in my festy and it didnot really work as well as this. the quiet coat is wayy better cause you can put as much as you want. Ive used about 3gallons worth, ive put a gallon on the wheel wells and 1.5 gallons on the front interior and another half gallon on my hood. Even though the hood is heavier the engine is dead quiet in idle quieter then my friends 2003 honda civic. :shock: but make sure you clean the surface well and use a wagner or spray gun.

Comment

i'm so glad to see some canadian activity happening!
                      -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                      -1993 Festiva L

Comment

tall and skinny the way to go, ever se the snow/ice prepped rally cars? they run like 135/15" snow tires!, threy are like pizza cutters and look how they go in the snow.

like these here

look how skinny the tires on these cars are!

My boss ordered a set of tires for his 60s drag car he is restoring, they send him a set of old skool michelin X snow tires, 135R15... I must get them!

Comment

Working...
                        X