Horn wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn wiring?

when i bought my festiva, the guy said the horn wasnt hooked up. i have been looking where its disconnected but im lost. can anoyone help me figure this one out?

the horn is mounted on the radiator support panel behind the passenger turn signal lamp. it's mounted with 1 bolt which also grounds it. there is one wire to the horn spade terminal. it's probably green with red stripe. you should have 12v at this wire when pushing either horn button. if so and it still don't blow, i'd clean the grounding area and the spade terminal both male and female. if that don't work, it's a bad horn. if you don't have 12V, you'll have to troubleshoot back through the horn relay and horn switches.

Comment

thank you i will try that

Comment

The horn is in a bad place for body rust. Some people move it up into the engine compartment. I found an unused bolt hole on the passenger's side fender and mounted it there.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

mmmm funny, I have dual horns.... both factory wiring... now you guys made me wonder..

Comment

Yeah they give us the wiring for two and sell us short with one !
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

LXs have two horns. Pressing either horn button activates both of them.
              88L black, dailydriver
              88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
              4 88/89 disassembled
              91L green
              91GL aqua pwrsteer
              92GL red a/c reardmg
              3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
              1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                Yeah they give us the wiring for two and sell us short with one !
                Easily rectified though.
                Free Shipping - Hella Twin Supertone Horns with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Horns at Summit Racing.

That or find an '80s Cadillac with the Trumpet Horn option (bring a cordless drill in and use that battery it as a power source to check whether it's the standard or trumpet tone)

Comment

Working...
                X