Replacement coils for festiva... Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement coils for festiva... Help please

I need help.... I have a soft coil (driver side) so she's got a nasty sag. I've replaced the struts a month ago along with basically the whole front end due to age & wear. I've searched the threads for replacement coils & still can't get the info i need. No longer doing the aspire/rio swap since I've invested in all new festy parts. I know aspire coils work but gotta cut to get stock height. Would front Rio coils work? If anyone could chime in & drop some deets on coil info. Thanks. I'm going to a junk yard tomorrow & I know they have a few Rios for pickings.
    sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Rio will be even taller . I'm sure someone here has a spare spring they would give you.

Comment

Rio springs are gonna be overly stiff! And cutting off about one coil on these in order to achieve stock height is going to make the whole setup even more bone-jarring. Doesn't FourGreen out of Korea stock Festy/121/Pride springs for ridiculous low prices? Bravekozak is quite familiar with ordering from these guys.

Comment

I'm running 175 pound springs on 2 of my cars on the front. Not sure if the Rio's would have a higher rate than those. Mine rides and handles great.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Haven Ford shows 2 new. they are for 1988 so are probably less stiff than ones from a 1990 w/ ATX & AC. 620-465-2252. E8BZ5310A.

Comment

I have 2 back in Wi, but idk if i could get someone to ship them for me or not
            91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
            Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
            Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

pm me if you want me to look into someone trying to ship them
              91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
              Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
              Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I was at the salvage yard today pulling a sway bar bracket since I messed up the thread.... The 2 tivas I found didn't look any better then mine. I will send a PM on them coils
                sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Working...
                X