35 Amp fusible link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 Amp fusible link

My old Festiva came with 15 and 25 amp fusible links. Per this site, I converted them to 20 and 30 amp hard fuses. I've had no trouble with the 20 amp fuses, but with the small mods I've made, MSD, Big coil etcetera, still blow the 30 amp fuse. Looking in the FORD repair manual, it calls for a 25 OR a 35 amp fuse in the main position. I expect that the 35 amp units were for cars with more wiz-bangs on them. I can only find 30 and 40 amp hard fuses. No 35 amp fusible links. I need to get something in the 35 amp range. I think putting in a 40 amp may cause wires to burn. Anyone have any advise??? Can you still get 35 amp fusible links?? Or, should I go for broke with the 40's??

i218127

30 and 40 is what you need. Pink and green.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

The recommendation is to replace my 2 each 20 amp with 30 amp pink fuses, and my 1 each 30 amp pink fuse with a 40 amp green fuse. Is this correct?? Any problems with wire burnout, or do these fuses pop to quick for this danger.

Comment

Yes you are correct and no problems with overheating or wire burnout. 30/40/30 is what most on here use. I have this setup on both of my cars and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
        “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

^ x2
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Thanks !!! I've installed the fuses as you recommend---30/40/30. Am keeping a 30 and a 20 in the glove box just in case.

Comment

Working...
            X