Crank pulley wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank pulley wobble

So, I was checking the belt tension on my new belt. Figured I'd tighten it up again.
    I started the car after tightening it all back up and looked in to make sure all was running
    straight and it looks like my crank pulley is wobbling. Does anyone else's do this? Would this
    be a sign of a bad main bearing?

I'll try and upload a video if I can, but this was taken at work and it's a crappy cell phone video :/
    I had the hardest time trying to get it to focus.

It's not a crazy wobble, but you can probably still see it in the video.

Any ideas?

1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Make sure the four ten mm bolts are tight and check the crank bolt .
    I don't have one that doesn't have some sort of wobble .
    You would loose oil pressure completely before the crank would wobble if it was a bearing .
    New build on the way .

Comment

[QUOTE=Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
      If everything is tight dont worry about it. Or you can swap it out with a different one. But most of the time its not the pulley wobbling but the edges arent true and it looks like its wobbling.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Man, this is excellent news I plan to do all the seals soon anyway, but wasn't going
        to waste the time on this engine if it wasn't worth it. Thanks a lot guys
        1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

Working...
        X