Please post link; Main Fuse Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post link; Main Fuse Modification

i know someone must have changed their "fuse box" in the engine bay. I want mine to be a little more user friendly and better contacts. I have an 88. the spades are two big and my attempts for better connections are ok; but should be better. I have searched for a link here, but it is probably buried in another long post. I want someone who knows where it might be to send me a link. Thanks much.

Try typing "main fuse" with double quotes, so that the two words stay together.

Comment

Try "fuseable link". That's what Ford calls them. Someone posted an article about cleaning and restoring the fuse box. Don't recall any on replacing.
      Last edited by WmWatt; 07-24-2015, 08:45 PM.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

You can clean the link box with a small brush or fine sandpaper. Then use these "PAL" fuses in place of the links.

PAL fuse green.jpgPAL fuse pink.jpg

Green one in the middle (1) and one Pink one on each side (2)

A small dab of Di-electric paste on the posts before you install the fuses
        Last edited by drddan; 07-24-2015, 09:12 PM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

kat, if you want a fuse link block that has had the terminals removed and cleaned, + three new open barrel terminals (2 sizes), PM me for a fair price.

Comment

I think this is what you are looking for http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...n-block-repair

Comment

^^^ that thread above me is how I swapped over. Good write up. I pulled a 323 fuse box that I still haven't installed on it yet but will eventually get to it..
              sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Working...
              X