thermostat housing swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat housing swap

Well I'm glad i found this place. I should of never known it was here if I hadn't been on the computer for 2 days looking for a thermostat housing to replace the one I broke the other day. Does anybody know of one will work ? These guys in the parts stores are no help at all. There has to be somebody here that knows of a swap that will work

PM sent
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I am looking for a thermostat housing as well ...Help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp View Post
        I am looking for a thermostat housing as well ...Help!!!
        PM sent.

Comment

Man I guess I should start pulling them from the junk yards didn't know they where in high demand!
          If your breaking them when doing a tstat swap try a dab of super glue to hold the thermostat in place when putting it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            Man I guess I should start pulling them from the junk yards didn't know they where in high demand!
            If your breaking them when doing a tstat swap try a dab of super glue to hold the thermostat in place when putting it back together.
            That's one of the first things I look for. I just sold my last one and I will be watching for more Festivas to show up.

Comment

Having the same issue myself. Looking at an housing meant for a VW Jetta and attempting to repair the broken one.

Comment

If you can't find one, I think this is it from Fourgreen.
                "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                "Wenona"-89L parts car
                "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I put an aspire engine in my carbied Festiva and i swapped the thermostat housing on the aspire for the Festiva one only to keep the radiator fan thermo switch that I ended up not needing because it runs of the ecu.. Are the aspire housings more available than the Festiva ones over there? You could drill and tap if for the extra sensor if your cars run it... I've got 2 spare housings here that I don't want anything for but shipping from Aus to US would be $$$

*edit* can't find a listing specific for a Festiva from an Australian manufacturer but if you know what one from a 323/laser will swap over then these are all cheap and readily available:
                  KC Auto Products, after market auto products. Kilkenny Castings have been producing aluminium alloy automotive replacement thermostat housings and Auto Products since 1972.

W03L looks like the one but it's listed as for E series for ford laser and B series for 323

I don't think you got them over there but in Aus 323s were rebadged as ford lasers for a LONG time
                  Last edited by robotrob; 07-28-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                    http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...T-p-0K93015172
                    Man, I should have put one on our 4G order
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by robotrob View Post
                      I put an aspire engine in my carbied Festiva and i swapped the thermostat housing on the aspire for the Festiva one only to keep the radiator fan thermo switch that I ended up not needing because it runs of the ecu.. Are the aspire housings more available than the Festiva ones over there? You could drill and tap if for the extra sensor if your cars run it... I've got 2 spare housings here that I don't want anything for but shipping from Aus to US would be $$$

*edit* can't find a listing specific for a Festiva from an Australian manufacturer but if you know what one from a 323/laser will swap over then these are all cheap and readily available:
                      KC Auto Products, after market auto products. Kilkenny Castings have been producing aluminium alloy automotive replacement thermostat housings and Auto Products since 1972.

W03L looks like the one but it's listed as for E series for ford laser and B series for 323

I don't think you got them over there but in Aus 323s were rebadged as ford lasers for a LONG time
                      Festiva housings are unique as far as I know. Aspire ones have the neck at a different angle, and won't work easily with Festivas, which is why you have to switch to the housing that goes with the car (i.e. lines up with the rad). There are probably more Aspires in the JY here, since they are newer than Festivas, which are disappearing; even though Festivas were here for six years and Aspires for only four.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                        http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...T-p-0K93015172
                        I believe this is the correct one to order from FourGreen:

http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...roduct=5687282

If I ordered 1 of these from fourgreen, the total including Korea Post (3 to 4 weeks delivery time) would be
                        $26.10.

I ordered 6 on my most recent order because I know other people will be needing them eventually..I just hope they still have them in stock.
                        Last edited by 1990new; 07-28-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

OK, I bookmarked that one as well. I wonder what is the difference. Both are listed from the Russian site.
                          "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                          "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                          "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                          "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                          "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                          "Wenona"-89L parts car
                          "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I did a search at FourGreen using Hyundai/Kia and Pride and both thermostat covers show up but the model on the detail for the
                            0K93015172 part show "Capital" Then it show up also as KK34815172A as interchangeable number and that show up under Pride.

Then again the part number KK34815172 also shows up as comparabel to COOLER-OIL (0K41015600, KK34815172)
                            priced at $74.57

This is very confusing... I hope I ordered the correct one.

One is $4.51, one is $4.71 and one is $6.57.
                            The site leads you to believe they are interchangeable depending on how you search.
                            I orderded the ones with the picture at $6.57 each since they look exactly like mine.
                            Last edited by 1990new; 07-28-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              Aspire ones have the neck at a different angle, and won't work easily with Festivas, which is why you have to switch to the housing that goes with the car (i.e. lines up with the rad).
                              The only reason I swapped thermostat housings was because the Festiva had the bung for the thermoswitch which I ended up not using.. Difference in angle is not an issue if you use the aspire top hose, and I bet my left testicle that's it's not an issue with the Festiva hose either as there really isn't that big a difference

Unless of course there is some major difference in your US models

Comment

Working...
                              X