Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grease for the top of the shifter (cup?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease for the top of the shifter (cup?)

I removed my shift boot the other day to put a longer console in there
    and the grease looks pretty nasty by this point. What type of grease
    can I put in there? I found an old thread saying something about two
    different types of grease, but I couldn't find where to buy them.
    1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

I just use high-temp bearing grease, for this and many other jobs.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

That's pretty much what I've always used. Well, that's good news then. Thanks, man

Comment

ive always used packing grease too

Comment

The one's I'm aware of are chassis, bearing, (white) lithium, and molybedenum(?). The one I mostly use is a combination chassis and bearing which doesn't cost any more than regular chassis. I also use it for rebuilding bicycles. From what I've read moly is for worn surfaces where the moly fills imperfections and have used it where specified. I've read that grease is a mixture of wax and oil which lasts longer than oil. After a while the oil evaporates and the grease dries out. I see a lot of old bicycles with dried up grease because people never change the grease on a bicycle.
          Last edited by WmWatt; 07-31-2015, 05:28 PM.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I used some nano grease on mine!

I wonder if I should add some nano lube to my engine?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 07-31-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I guess I'll grease mine when I install the console. So much to do on this car. I found a dash that looks better than mine in the junk yard so I'll probably be picking that up on Monday

Comment

Working...
              X