Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed the rotors and repacked the bearings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed the rotors and repacked the bearings.

I changed the rotors and repacked the bearings in my Son's 93 festiva today. This not a fun job. I can't say that I ever like repacking wheel bearings. Both of the spacers are number 11. Now if the bearings start going out I will order some spacers near this size. On the first rotor I started to put the hub back on the knuckle without putting the rotor on. Fortunately I did not get far.

Congratulations. Some people replace with Aspire parts to make it easier.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

He wore the pad's down to the metel before he told me it was making noise. Sourcing the aspire parts would take some time and we replaced the tires about 8000 miles ago so if we go that route it would be nice to wait for the tires to be ready to replace. I need to probably work on the rear brakes. I think it would be nice to switch wheel sizes to a more common size but it seems 13s are not much better then 12s for tire selection. I just need to keep it running until he finishes school then it will be his responsibilty. He really likes it and wants to keep it as long as he can but young people change their mind so who knows. It has 60,000 miles with dealer install A/C. My Aunt owned it since new and keep it in a garage and did not drive it in bad weather. She had an older festiva that she drove most of the time.

Comment

Changed the rotors and repacked the bearings.

But if you went to aspire you would need to get different wheels. Different bolt pattern. But way easier to change the bearings. Lots of people fail at get the Festiva ones right.

Sounds like minty gem. Hopefully he doesn't kill it. Cars like that are worth some change.
        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 08-02-2015, 08:07 AM.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

It wasn't until I stopped working that I had the time to look after my car properly. As a student I didn't have the time, money, or knowledge to keep a car well maintained. They were mostly old cars that I drove into the ground. While I was working I paid people to do it. Great if he has the time. These cars are kind of special.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I also replaced the rotors & repacked the bearings last month. Wasn't a fun job at all.
            sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Working...
            X