Idle and cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle and cutting out

I have a 1991 festival 1.3L. It has an idle problem where it fluctuates up and down slightly after warning up. Also, it likes to cut out when accelerating from stop or while moving. All this only happens after it is warmed up. Any help is appreciated.

My first thought is to look for loose or cut/decomposed vacuum lines. If they are loose, you can just ziptie it.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You're saying that when the engine is cold, in open loop, and running rich, that none of the symptoms are present and the engine runs normally? That could be an air leak problem somewhere as mentioned above, faulty ignition, fault with engine management/sensors, or several other things. Check for trouble codes which may give some direction. It could be the O2 sensor is bad (how long since changed?) or faulty voltage from the VAF meter.
      When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Working...
      X