replaced head gasket now won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaced head gasket now won't start

I have a 92 festiva that I have replaced the head gasket I hooked everything back up tried to start the engine it started for about 30 seconds and died then wouldn't start back up I know I need to recheck timing belt is there anything else I should check

Make sure the VAF meter is plugged in and all of your intake hoses are tight.
    Last edited by dalebwilson; 08-17-2015, 08:02 AM.
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Recheck your coil wire. Maybe it was loose?

Comment

Thanks for the ideas of stuff to check if I get off early enough I'll get those checked tonight and I'll let you guys know my findings

Comment

Ok I reset the timing and rechecked all the wires I finally got it to start but now it's making a strange noise and dies after 30 seconds I did an oil change and replenished the antifreeze just can't seem to figure it out

Comment

How did you reset the timing? Why was your anti-freeze low?
            "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
            “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

All is good got it running like a top was out of gas forgot how low it was before I started working on it

Comment

It's always the little things......:-)
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It probably don't help that I started drinking at 1 pm and by the time I retired for the day it was 11 pm

Comment

Originally posted by abrown68 View Post
                    All is good got it running like a top was out of gas forgot how low it was before I started working on it
                    Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    It's always the little things......:-)

Dude! Like my fuel pump dying when I did my B6 swap, then forgot I drained the gas when I did fuel pump and spent another three hours wondering what else could be wrong? Yep!
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

lmao. It's a love hate with stuff like that. Hate because it's like wow that was stupid. Love because nothing is really wrong!

Comment

Working...
                      X