Carb to EFI or weber swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb to EFI or weber swap

Im tired of the calibration headaches of the factory carb not to mention the retards who put the on plastic va line nipple on the pull off solinoid on the carb. so im out for ideas and help. Im thinking of going to EFI or a weber swap.
    Any prices for completion or ideas or preferences would be appreciated. personal info: 89 base with B3 carbed, parts cars: 93 EFI no engine or fuel pump/sender, good Comp (suspected); 88 LX carb gone no tranny

I'd sure like to talk with you before you take anything off your carby car 9137572122 I went weber because it was the quickest way to get the car drivable. I am not impressed but this is not my first less than impressed experience with webers. I will be going efi. It will be way more involved I bought a complete car to get the fuel tank, fuel pump computer wiring harness, etc.etc. that is the positive part of the weber swap you are running in about an hour.Your car will no longer be emissions legal.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

EFI swap it If you find a good donor it is actually really easy.
      88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Also make sure you get a turn signal assembly from the donor car or else you will need to keep the light circuits from the carb harness like I did and have a mess of wires all over the place.
        88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

so with all that being said anyone have a full EFI setup they wanna sell. Not purchasing til February

Comment

Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
            I'd sure like to talk with you before you take anything off your carby car 9137572122 I went weber because it was the quickest way to get the car drivable. I am not impressed but this is not my first less than impressed experience with webers. I will be going efi. It will be way more involved I bought a complete car to get the fuel tank, fuel pump computer wiring harness, etc.etc. that is the positive part of the weber swap you are running in about an hour.Your car will no longer be emissions legal.
            What exactly do you hate about the Weber? I am planning on doing that swap myself.
            "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

I don't have a full setup, but if you now have an engine that will run I will donate to the cause. Cause I still feel kinda bad that the engine I sold you didn't work out.

I have at least a full manifold with throttle body and some other bits I can send you.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

ok so here's the deal guys. My 89 is blowing oil out the breather and has compression loss on #3 cyl. Im tired of the carb crap so im going to go EFI after a full rebuild in february or march (taxes!!!) My car is a carby... what do i need to make this work. I have a 93 rust bucket EFI but no engine nor engine connector. I do have the computer and almost all of the wiring harness. If i do an inline fuel pump on the existing tank, what else do i need to pull the old girl back together. I will also be doing a Kia Rio front brake swap and 5 speed tranny upgrade at the same time. Thanks for any info guys.

Comment

PM me your address. I will post you an IM with throttle body, and possibly injectors and rail. Not sure if I still have them in it or not.

You will also need an intake tube if you don't want to do a custom CAI or something. Best bet is an Aspire one to the stock EFI VAF/filter box. You'll also need a VAF. I can send you that too.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

does anyone know of a reason the inline fuel pump on a previously carbed fuel tank (so as to not have to find a tank and in tank pump). Also can some one give me a picture of the engine bay of a factory setup EFI festy so i can have an idea of what im missing when going from carb to EFI.

Comment

Working...
                    X