Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help! put new transmission in my aspire. now have really really bad vibration at 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! put new transmission in my aspire. now have really really bad vibration at 55

Put everything back how it should be. Now have a horrible vibration! Any suggestions?

Is the vibration in the transmission? How does it show itself? Does the gearshift lever vibrate? Steering wheel? Body?
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Did you tighten all your lug bolts? I would doubt the vibration is coming from your transmission, so go back through everything you took off and make sure it got put back on tightly and correctly.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

New wheel bearings in the front cured most of that for me, and all new steering components, bushings, struts, etc. got the rest.
        "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
        "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
        "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
        "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
        "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
        "Wenona"-89L parts car
        "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Lug nuts are tight. I don't think it's coming from transmission I'm certain I tightened everything bck up. I'm just wondering if a cv axle would cause it or if I need to do an alignment after everything being taken apart. N

Comment

No alignment needed unless you twisted the tie rods. Can you describe the vibration? It is related to vehicle speed or engine rpm?
            The Festiva Store
            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Vehicle speed definitely. I put on blocks and got the car to 55 with wheels off ground and it done the same thing? I'm thinking maybe a bad axle? I replaced driver side but didn't replace passenger. Wondering if I damaged either one when removing

Comment

Try rotating wheel by hand, and pushing and shoving on axle, and feel for play. Try rotating tires side-to-side and front-to-back. Inspect tires for uneven wear. Check all fasteners for tightness.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The power of observation mixed with some common sense! ^^
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                  X