Maintenance parts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance parts question

Howdy y'all, I'm new to the Festiva world. Picked one up dirt cheap because my Bronco was killing me in fuel prices.

Anway, probably a silly question, but where do you guys find engine parts for the B3 engine? It seems like simple things like gaskets and such have to be ordered, I've checked Advance, Auto Zone, Napa, and O'Reilly's. The only thing that I was able to walk out of the store with was my valve cover gasket. Am I just spoiled by the constant parts availability of the 351W, or is there a better source for parts?

Maintenance parts question

Rock auto, ebay, wreckers.
    The festiva store on this forum, and members here. Theres a section for posting stuff for sale and asking for stuff you want. A lot of us are parts hoarders or bought everything for a project that didnt get finished or didnt need all the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-13-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Where in FL are you? There is a Redneck who escaped from TN and lives in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area who might be helpful for major repairs, swaps, etc. Named eurotiva on the forum.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I was hoping parts availability would be a little more common, I can live with it though. Specifically today I was looking for a throttle body gasket, spark plug wires, and a PCV valve. No brick-and-mortar stores carried those parts, I had to order them.

Eventually I'll be in the market for a drivers side fender and door, but those can wait, I'd like to get the car on the road first.

Comment

Any 4 cylinder engine spark plug wires will do. I bought some Accel wires. Any PCV valve that fits in the valve cover grommet will also do. I didn't even ask for Festiva ones when I went to the auto parts store.

Comment

Yeah, I thought about mismatching parts, but considering the throttle body gasket had to be ordered, I just went ahead and ordered everything.

Comment

I got my wire set & PCV from Pep-Boys.
              O'Reilly's carries a lot, some they order.
              I know the one here in Tampa has Plug Wires.
              Where are you in FL. ?
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Bradenton.

I didn't even think of checking Pep-Boys...

Comment

I use oreillys a lot in Orlando. I have to go to the hub store because they are the only ones who carry festy parts. The only regular advance auto that carries any Festiva parts is down by Greg (Eurotiva). He keeps that whole store out of Festiva inventory parts so they stock parts for him. Supply in demand I guess. It sucks waiting a couple days on parts.
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                  X