vacuum line delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum line delete?

Alright so I pulled the carbed b3 while I did the 5 speed swap on the 89 festiva and had to tape and mark ever single one of those annoying vacuum lines so I knew where they went when I dropped it back in.. well its back in now and it's still a mess of lines.. I've noticed the euro models with carbs have no mess of lines at all.. anyone care to share what lines can be tossed and what's absolutely necessary?

Edit: I have no emissions testing where I live, the cat is already long gone aswell along with the tubing for that "reed valve?" on the air filter housing.
    Last edited by 89 festevil; 09-15-2015, 11:50 AM.

Spaghetti gives me a headache. I am a simple kind of guy. That is why I switched to a non feedback carb system and threw away the computer. Now, I only have two vacuum lines for the dual vacuum advance. One above the butterfly (to lower dashpot) and one below the butterfly (to upper dashpot).
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-15-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Where are you at in Minnesota? You could always swing by the farm and hang out.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

the iron range, bout an hour from duluth- 2-4 hours to the twin cities from where i live depending on how fast you drive lol.

so what can i plug so i can atleast get rid of the bs emissions crap for now, my red festy is going to be toasted after this winter hence why i bought a rust free blue one from ND and i just want to dick with this one on a budget... but i've already threw 600 in total into parts for the car and yet to get to the suspension even and this was just to drive for 1 winter.. I have an addiction to fixing things that arent broken..

just for sh*ts and giggles any one ran ITB's on a b3? like 4 yamaha r6 carbs or something for that gnarly intake noise?
        Last edited by 89 festevil; 09-15-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X