No announcement yet.

Weird stuff is happening to my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on pulleys. The narrow B3 belt won't hold 3hp and the slippage is wearing out the belt. Try a slightly larger alt. pulley.
    No car too fast !

Comment

Miata B6 v belt pulleys use a larger belt. The Capri alternator thing is common even on Capris. The 70A alt really should have used the bigger belt like the Miatas or a ribbed belt like all other mazdas from 93 up.

Also, make sure you never use an alternator from a car with ECM controlled voltage regulator. These alternators will slip belts non stop and could fry your electrical system.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-17-2015, 02:31 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        The light only indicates Low Alt Output(If the Battery is Dead,the Light will go out immediately if the Alt is good). So if it wasn't slipping due to moisture and poor tension it could be a faulty connection in the Alt "Field" wiring Circuit. The Field is what initialize's Alt Output upon start up.
        Thanks. I will look in my Haynes manual for a wiring diagram this weekend and see if i can figure out what bits turn the alt on and off. Then see if i have replacements. You wouldn't happen to know where these parts are located to save me time would you?
        Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          Thanks. I will look in my Haynes manual for a wiring diagram this weekend and see if i can figure out what bits turn the alt on and off. Then see if i have replacements. You wouldn't happen to know where these parts are located to save me time would you?
          Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Here is a link post # 6 gives a brief description of how & why the light works. Your first step should be opening the hood and visually looking at wire integrity. Then actually gently pull the wires at the Alt and see if they just come apart.You might find a wire that is so green with corrosion that it literally comes apart. I just had this happen last week on my Parking Light relay under the right fender. The wires just pulled out when I wiggled them.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
          X