No power, lights or electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power, lights or electric

Hey everyone I'm new here. I recently bought a 93 Ford Festiva but when I hooked up the battery nothing turns on or works at all and yes the battery is brand new. Any ideas?

Also the car has a shortage to the fuel pump but I can't find the wiring diagrams anywhere.

Welcome to the forum!

First, confirm that the battery is not dead, even if it is brand new.
    Then check that the ground wire is actually connected to the car, not just the battery, and looks free of corrosion.
    Next, check the three wire fuses on the driver side front strut tower. It's actually best to replace them with normal fuses, 30-40-30. Make sure you get the long-legged fuses, as there are shorter-legged ones that look the same.
    Check the fuses in the passenger compartment; but since you say nothing works at all, it's probably farther upstream, in the stuff already mentioned.
    Last edited by TominMO; 09-17-2015, 11:48 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You really need an EVTM.

Make sure your grounds are clean and tight.

Buy a cheap 12V test light.

Good luck.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

The headlights should come on with with no key in the ignition so you can rule out the ignition switch and wiring.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Turns out it was one of the fuse links one the strut tower, I'm just missing one but now I just need to figure out the fuel pump. What wires go where?

Comment

Working...
          X