Aspire knuckles question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire knuckles question

One of my Aspire's knuckles are making some unpleasant bearing sounds. I have another set of knuckles, I think from an auto Aspire. My car is a 5-speed. Are the knuckles the same in both auto and manual? In other words can I just bolt my manual car's caliper and rotor onto the auto knuckle? I know the auto brakes have thicker rotors, but I don't know if they had to adapt for it by making a specific knuckle for that, or maybe a specific caliper bracket. My instinct is that they didn't, but you never know.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

I was going to say no, but now that I've done a bit of research, I'm not sure. Spline count is different but only for inboard splines (transmission end) (24 autos -- 22 manuals) - outboard end is the same for manual and autos (24 splines). Hope I didn't muddy the waters, let me know when you find out for sure.

Comment

Pretty sure they are the same, only the caliper and rotors are different.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Well, later in the week I'll try to slap that auto knuckle on, and report back. I got these from the JY and haven't changed the bearings. Hopefully this one will have good ones and give me time to get the bearings done in the original knuckle.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Knuckles are the same.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Knuckles are the same! X2

When we got my oldest sons car, some Aspire knuckles and core calipers came with it and we where under the impression that they were from a stick car. Ordered all the parts, got them home, and the calipers were different. We were a little confused and put the new parts on to see if they fit, and they did. Took the cores in and asked about the new ones were received. The ones were ordered/got were confirmed for a "stick" car. So we looked up an automatic and sure enough, the cores we had matched.
            As we already had all the new parts on and in working order, we just kept them.
            Not a truly fun way to learn something new, but that is how we learned that the knuckles are the same.
            Last edited by ottoparts; 09-21-2015, 10:01 AM.
            Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Thanks for all the confirmation guys.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
              X