Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On replacing tie rod ends lower control arm and ball joints on the Aspire-??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harpon View Post
    I've pushed and pulled the top of the well- no play there-
    I went out earlier and tried to move the sway bar- it seems tight with that slight pressure at least- the front bushings are cracked and dry looking but not severely disintegrated-
    Probably try to get that done too.
    I sprayed everything I could with Armor All, as I've done for decades once a year or so.

Going to check the lug tightness now- I did have the wheel off- and always had the A/C going until just now so I don't know if the noise arose at that time or not.

P.S. WOW- I thought I did a final tightning of the lugs- but now not sure I did- because all the nuts were a bit loose and I got a partial turn on them all- so you may be right and that might be all or part of the problem- thanks! and a word to the wise......
    As I get older some of my big long Sap-On stuff is too big and heavy. Plus I want it along when I am way out. I do not like having stuff left in the car that people could see through the windows a 100 miles from anywhere while I am on a walk-about. This tool reaches in a bit, is just right in length for proper torque with little effort and well, I think enough of it to mention it here.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Drove the car normally today several miles round trip- NO NOISE- it must've been the loose lug nuts. Feel stupid but relieved. and with parts on the way.

DUH!

The fool who let the air out, stung me for more than he bargained I think- including ant colony bites and unneeded parts shipped cross country.

Good discussion anyway!
      Last edited by harpon; 10-09-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X