Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fuel issue, B6 SOHC swap

SOHC B6, '90 323 (donor)

1990 Festiva with original harness, ECU, and VAF.
    Injectors & injector harness from 323.

Fires, air. NO FUEL.

Checked:
    Ignition - Good
    VAF electrical connections - Good
    NEW fuel pump (non-ethanol fuel) and sock - Good
    Connectors between fuel pump & harness - Good
    Intertia switch - Good
    All 3 fusible links and connections - Good
    Fuel pump relay - Not sure.**

** I can't tell which pins need to be tapped to check the thing.
    • YEL/BLK - Injector harness
    • BLK - Ground
    • BLK/RED - Charging System/ECU
    • GRN/RED - VAF connection (Self-Test)
    • GRN/YEL - Fuel pump, sending unit, inertia switch

I know that while the ignition is in the ON position that I should be able to test the system by inserting a bridge into the test connector. The test connector I found with the red/green wire and black wire seemed to be the right one (in a bundle of other test connectors, driver's side strut tower), however there was no action there either. Does this indicate a bad relay?

Some other things to note:
    • I am getting signal from the fuel pump.
    • The vacuum line from the engine to the intake is NOT connected (custom hose to VAF, need to port & install).
    • All of the harness is still connected where it needs to be, and the adapted connector is connected to the intake.
    • The vehicle that this engine was pulled from ('90 323 manual) was damaged by an electrical fire due to a bad stereo install (bad sensors?).
    • The engine cranks but won't start.
    • The engine sounds strong, probably doesn't matter.

It would be great if I could learn from someone the proper pins to connect to the multimeter and 12v source so I can figure this out once and for all.
    Last edited by DriverOne; 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Did you try running the b6 VAF, ECU, injectors, etc?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Sorry, I was a bit vague there. Just fixed that. I have the B6 injectors and harness, the B3 VAF and ECU. I don't have access to either of those because the ECU in the 323 was fried and unusable and since I was told that the B3 VAF was adequate for the 323 engine, I didn't fork out the extra $50 that the guy wanted for the B6 VAF.
      Last edited by DriverOne; 10-08-2015, 01:49 PM.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
      X