Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 Festiva turn/Blinker Relay location ????? Part Number ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Festiva turn/Blinker Relay location ????? Part Number ???

Hi - Where is the turn/blinker light relay located? Anyone have a picture of it? Or the part number?

When I turn on the left blinker, the dash indicator blinks about a zillion times a minute and the blinker doesn't work, but the right blinker indicator works fine and the light blinks just fine.

I pulled out what I thought was the relay but it turns out to be the fuel pump relay, Denso 056700-6381, so I don't need that info!

THANKS!!!

Doug

Check for burned out bulbs or bad connections/rust. If the right side works okay, the left should work. The flasher module is up high on the firewall on the driver's side. Turn the right blinker on to get it clicking. The guys are always saying to reach up and you can feel the vibration while it's clicking.
    Last edited by tooldude; 10-10-2015, 03:52 PM.
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

If it is the stock flasher, and if the 90 is the same as the 92 and 93, it is a bright green relay that is clipped to a bracket just behind the ECM. By behind I mean toward the rear of the car. The ECM is mounted to the to the firewall. It is the only green relay under there. One relay controls the directionals and hazard, so if it is okay for one side, the flasher is good and the problem is as tooldude says. Unless you have put an LED bulb in the circuit, then it will hyperflash as if there were a blown bulb. You probably won't find a new flasher that will plug into the harness, but it can be connected easily with jumper wires.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

It is tucked up in behind the ECU plate. Just wonderful!
        Long thin arms are a bonus.
        There are two tee shaped Christmas trees. Each one holds three relays.
        You are looking for a light green one.
        First remove the connector, and then wiggle it forward off the tree branch.
        It looks similar to the green one in this picture.
        Good luck.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 10-10-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

MANY thanks for the replies!!! I live in North Carolina and we just had mega rain last week, so maybe bulb or the rust. I sure hope so from what you've said about where it is mounted!

Thanks again,

Doug

Comment

Working...
          X