Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car starts but won't stay running after rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car starts but won't stay running after rebuild.

I've adjusted the timing the best I know how. I've tried adjusting the distributor timing. Fuel pump is running fine... If I try to give throttle it won't start at all. Got fuel at the rail. Good spark as well. any advice?

Sent from my ALCATEL A845L using Tapatalk

Distrubutor in 180degrees backwards?
    All connections to injectors are tight?
    MAF plug is in all the way and tight?
    Tps sensor plugged in all the way?
    Stupid question but did you plug all the vaccum lines back in? I spent 10 min trying to start my festiva once because i forgot to put my brake booster hose back on. It would start with it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I figured it out. Face to palm moment really. I didn't think about hooking the intake up. If it helps my image at all my other festiva is carbed lol.

Comment

Lol
        It happens.
        How does it run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right now.. Like crud. But its because I got lazy and took a break before timing the ignition. Which brings me to another question. Which of the single wire plugs should I ground to keep the computer from advancing the timing the white or the black? Its a 91 model by the way.

Comment

IIRC its a black connector
            1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
            1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
            2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Thanks, engine runs great now. Too bad my idiot self blew the trans.....

Comment

Working...
              X