1991 starts but has no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 starts but has no power

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Ford Festiva cult but these seriously seem like the greatest cars ever made. I found a teal 1991 on craigslist and I want it so badly because its got low mileage and is $350. Problem is, the car starts but has no power and it seems to be mis-firing. Here is the link to the Craigslist ad.

Anybody have an idea as to whats wrong with it?

1991 starts but has no power

Says its a salvage car. Better find out what he means by that.
    You would have to buy it and start troubleshooting for anyone to be able to help you. That problem could be many things. But, even to replace the engine is like free-$400 so its still a cheap car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-23-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Best place to start is pull Dist.cap ,remove moisture clean contacts,clean rotor.Check coil wire for corrosion.Check wires and plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
        Best place to start is pull Dist.cap, remove moisture clean contacts,clean rotor. Check coil wire for corrosion. Check wires and plugs.
        This, plus the camshaft sprocket might have jumped a tooth.

Always check the simple and cheap stuff first. ;-)
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Steve do you need a Automatic? They really kinda take the fun out of driving a Festy. Plus they cant even come close to the MPG's the Five speeds do.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
          X