Heater control panel lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater control panel lights

How do I access the light bulbs behind the heater control panel?

Which bulbs are used?

Thanks David

Move all heater controls to the left.
    (I would remove the glove box to see better and get at the cabin air damper easily)
    Pry off the three wire loops from the damper flaps that they control.
    Remove the cables out of their respective retaining clips.
    Remove the two screws on the bottom of the center bezel.
    Remove the center bezel.
    Remove the four screws holding the heater control panel.
    Only pull out the heater control just far enough to acess the three tiny bulbs.
    If you have an A/C switch in the heater control panel, there is one inside the switch.
    It would be best to twist the bulb sockets with a set of small needle nose pliers (especially for those members with sausage fingers). It is best to remove the A/C switch to access the rear bulbs.

Are you sure you really want to go through with all this bother?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-25-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks

No dont want to do it

Might not do it.

but I do alot of night driving

Comment

Ok this job is not as hard as I thought it would be.

Follow the instructions above.

The three wire loops where hard to find.

Two are behind the glove box. One is up high almost to the right side of the car. Right of the evaporator box. Attached to white plastic. The other is down low attached to the right side of the heater box towards the back.

The third one is attached to the left side of the heater box. Below the blower motor. You will have to lay on the drivers side floor to get it.

Comment

I've taken these out several times. Not really very hard once you know where everything is.
          If you want to pull the unit out very far so you can clean and lubricate things you will need to disconnect the electrical wires also.
          If you do this, it is wise to connect some lengths of cord to the control wire loop ends so you can pull everything back where it was easily.

Comment

What did you use to lube the cables?

Comment

White lithium grease on the ends of the cables extended as far as they will go on each end and also on the surface the arms slide across on the control assembly.

Comment

Heater control panel lights

Di-electric grease works great too.
                Ha, read that wrong. Just editing this to say i used di-electric grease on almost every electrical thing i put together now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-22-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Nano grease.

Comment

The heater control panel bulbs are E73 (european base). E74 should work also. 73 and 74 bulbs are to big.

Oreilly can special order them. Part number EIK E73. Made by EiKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
                      The heater control panel bulbs are E73 (european base). E74 should work also. 73 and 74 bulbs are to big.
                      Great info. Hey a question to anyone, how many bulbs does a guy need to buy for the HVAC unit? Mine has zero working bulbs and I'd rather not remove it. I'm guessing two bulbs??

Comment

I don't remember how many but think more than two. Think I just bought a whole sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                        X