Wiring Frankenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Frankenstein

oK So I need some assistance from the gearheads Please !!!

This theres this turquoise 90 L Plus (Danielle)
    for sale & im trying to frankenstein it back to
    Function with parts from my blue 91 L (Amy)

Danielle stopped running in late July & has been sitting since occasionally turning over (but not idling) & receiving a good deal of effort by a retired mechanic type w no experience in these cars " trying to undo what the previous yahoos did to the car "

The computer in the danielle was fried , so we put the ecm from amy in her , which helped some (acheiving an extended idle but not longer than ~10sec)

The real weirdness seems to be in the mass air flow unit . The wiring connector was all taken apart & put back together ... we got it back arranged like the schematic & have voltage at the B+ lead but no 2V at the white sig wire ...?

The butterfly valve at the intake (?) seems to be not wanting to let enough air into the mix , as when it runs (for 3-7s bursts) the exhaust is rich w unburnt fuel & after so many turns it acted like it was flooded .

Her block has great compression , but there is some missing link(s) in the wiring keeping her from really running . Any thoughts ???

Maybe the mass air shorted out & isnt regulating the air flow ? Maybe the distrubutor is so out of whack that its not sparking on time leaving all the unburnt fuel ? We think her plugs themselves are oK .. but the fuel body on the intake was replaced too , so maybe thats having issue regulating the fuel right too ?

Dani has good brakes & ill prolly need to hotwire the headlights for now to have light enough to drive home once shes moving again ... but thats the first problem to solve .

Is the problem in the wiring or am i missing something ??

So appreciate your input
    ~ j *

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Your VAF is bad and the run only for 10 seconds is a clear sign. The internal wiring and connectors on the VAF should not be tampered with. Replace it with a known good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Does Amy not have a VAF that you can try out in Danielle?

Comment

Working...
      X