Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of tiny black ants.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...l=1#post703270

The link above will take you to a post I added today about my windshield washer pump.

You've hear the saying "there's nothing new under the sun"... Well today I may have found something.

I go to fooling around with the WSW pump that I took out of Trixie to see if I could get it to working again.
    Yesterday, when I took the tank out of Trixie I had laid down in the driveway so I though that the little black ants that
    I saw crawling around on it had just crawled up on it while it was lying there.

After I took the picture that you see in the link from the previous post, I decided to see if I could find out why it would not run.
    I first tried to see if I could remove what appears to be some kind of cap from the bottom of the pump.
    When I ran a small screwdriver blade around the seam at the edge, lots of tiny black ants started
    coming out. Problem was that the space under the cap was full of ants and bit of ant nest trash. I sprayed
    around it with windex and used a small brush and also knocked it against the side if sink and sprayed water in it to
    to try to get all the ants and the trash out. When it looked like all the ants and their trash was out,
    I hooked the motor to a 12v DC supply and it immediately whizzed away.

So if you windshield washer pump has stopped working, it just might be the start of the ants quest to take over the world.
    Last edited by 1990new; 10-25-2015, 03:02 PM.

We will all be extinct within a year!

Comment

I bought a Mustang in Texas,got it home and started detailing it. Next thing I Know I'm getting stung by something on my Butt. I look at my pants & I'm covered in Fire Ants. They had built theyre home inside the Rocker Panel. drool
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
      X