Engine rebuild kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rebuild kit

hello,I have an 89 Festiva L and Im trying to find a reasonably priced engine rebuild kit but need ideas on where to look,tried ebay but shotty parts are to common on there.thanks

try this
    RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
    88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
    89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
    93 gl FI (sold) automagical
    89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
    88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

Engine rebuilds are my forte.You would not believe how many engines I've rebuilt that the conversation on arrival is pretty much like this.Customer,how much to fix it?me,I won't know until I get into it.Them well it shouldn't need much it was just rebuilt. Of the engines I buIld each year about 25 percent are rebuilding other people's rebuilds. I would source my parts locally so I could return or exchange anything that doesn't fit correctly.Incorrect bearing clearances are the most common mistake second is pistons that are too tight in the bore.Check all clearances,then check them again.I ve been through three boxes of mains before until I got a set with clearances that were acceptable.Seriously everyone just shops price these days.All machine shops are not equal and all parts manufacturers are not equal.Just as the cheapest steak at the meat counter is usually not as good as the more costly steaks.The big difference is a tough steak is gone and forgotten in an hour.
      Last edited by ricko1966; 10-26-2015, 07:41 AM.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
      X