Bypass hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass hose

Ok, dumb question here, sorry. I have been searching through old threads on here and looking at online listings and i see conflicting information on the size of this hose. I wanna replace mine tomorrow and local places cant get the bypass hose. So i was gonna buy regular straight hose and make it longer or whatever so it hopefully doesnt kink. But, is it 1/4 in, 5/16 or 3/8 ID? I have seen people saying all 3. So what do i need?
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me with your address. I will mail you one in a regular envelope when I get home tonight.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-30-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

Comment

Gates #18206

Comment

I used a Napa 18202 hose and hacked off the ends. See photo. As I recall, it was quite pricey at about $15 for ONE.
          Attached Files
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
            I used a Napa 18202 hose and hacked off the ends. See photo. As I recall, it was quite pricey at about $15 for ONE.
            Oh? Thanks! Good to know i can find them local. That is pricy so i think ill wait for the one bravekosak is sending. I ordered a heater hose online that didnt arrive on time so ill change it and that bypass hose later. I have to fix my heat tomorrow because its getting to cold to just leave it.

Comment

If that is pricy I need to move where you are!!

Can be had in many sizes. It is on my car and never been replaced since. the 3/8 was put on my air hose reels 20 years ago. Still like new. Still flexible in freezing conditions.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                If that is pricy I need to move where you are!!

Can be had in many sizes. It is on my car and never been replaced since. the 3/8 was put on my air hose reels 20 years ago. Still like new. Still flexible in freezing conditions.
                What is the price of the hose where you are? This is $15 for 6 inches or less of hose and the link you posted is $3/foot.
                So it is 3/8? And has it flattened or kinked at all for you?

Comment

The commercial accounts will not pay that much from an autoparts store. The 3/8 I used for air hose. The 1/4" I used on the car to make that sharp bend, it has never flattened or leaked. Parker push lok for the money will be hard to beat. It can be used for more types of service than most any other hose and live longer doing it.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    PM me with your address. I will mail you one in a regular envelope when I get home tonight.
                    Just got it in the mail today, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X